Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences BBQ prior to the ISU vs. Southeast Missouri State football game.
September 3, 2022
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Breakfast served: 9-11 a.m.
Program: 10 a.m.
Jeff and Deb Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center
The BBQ will take place in the Marvin J. Walter and Alpha Gamma Rho Arena in our Jeff and Deb Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center. The arena includes a large floor and seating area for guests to spread out, and enjoy activities offered by CALS student organizations and a great complimentary meal. The overhead doors of the arena will be opened for increased ventilation, and high surface areas will be frequently sanitized.
A brief program at 10 a.m. will feature remarks from Daniel J. Robison, holder of the Endowed Dean’s Chair in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Enjoy fun for all ages provided by CALS student organizations. Offerings include balloon animals, hands-on learning activities and more.
Food and Beverage:
A complimentary breakfast will be served from 9-11 a.m. A freewill donation (suggested $5 per person) will be accepted at the door. Special accommodations for meals will be made with advance notice.
Football tickets may be purchased through ISU Athletics by calling the ticket office at 888-478-2925 or visiting ISU Athletics website. Single game tickets will be available for purchase in the middle of August (date yet to be determined by ISU Athletics).
The BBQ takes place in the Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center’s Marvin J. Walter and Alpha Gamma Rho Arena. The Hansen Center is a multipurpose arena and learning center located on south side of campus on Mortensen Road. The facility opened for classes during the Spring 2014 semester.
Complimentary parking is available onsite, and is located on the east and west sides of the building. Entrances to parking lots are accessible from Mortensen Road.
Attendees wishing to park in public parking surrounding the stadium, may park in the following lots (see map):
- Southeast of the stadium: G2, G3, G4, G5, G8, Veterinary Medicine/Lot 93
- North of the stadium: B1, B2, C1, C2
- Handicap Parking: S1 (please read parking instructions on the ISU Athletics website)
A shuttle service will be available 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. from the Hansen Center to Jack Trice Stadium for the game. Kick-off is at 1 p.m.
One shuttle will be available to return attendees to the Hansen Center from the stadium. Those wishing to take advantage of this return trip should meet the shuttle in front of Reiman Gardens on the south side of the stadium. PLEASE NOTE: Due to post-game traffic, the shuttle may take up to two hours after the completion of the football game to depart from the stadium.
Directions to the Hansen Center:
Address: 2516 Mortensen Road, Ames, IA 50011
Directions from the East:
- Take Highway 30 west to the University Blvd/Iowa State University exit
- Turn right on University Boulevard
- Turn left on Mortensen Road
- Turn left into the Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center (across from Towers residence halls)
Directions from the West:
- Take Highway 30 east to the South Dakota exit
- Turn left on South Dakota Avenue
- Turn right on Mortensen Road
- Turn right in to the Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center (across from Towers residence halls)
Walking Directions to the Stadium:
Jack Trice Stadium is located one mile from the Hansen Ag Student Learning Center for those who wish to walk. Walking takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Cross Mortensen Road at the Hansen Agriculture Student Learning Center
- Turn Left on Ash Avenue
- Turn Right on Country Club Road
- Continue Right on Cessna Street
- Continue Straight on South 4th Street to Stadium
A list of hotels available in Ames and surrounding communities is available through the Ames Convention and Visitors Bureau. To find general availability of guest rooms for the weekend of September 3, please call the Bureau directly at 515-232-4032
For more information, please contact: