Register by March 16.
Welcome! You’ve been invited to be members of Curtiss League, a young alumni initiative in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) at Iowa State University. We hope you will join us in this adventure.
Curtiss League Mission
- Engage young alumni (under 40) in student recruitment and retention
- Activate young alumni as advocates for the college in their communities, workplaces, and with stakeholder groups and in online communities
- Deepen alumni understanding of academic opportunities, relevance and strategic issues of the college
- Generate prospective student leads
- Increase yield and retention rates
- Increase CALS visibility and that of alumni in their communities (physical and virtual communities)
- Connect CALS alumni to advocacy opportunities
- Increase alumni attendance at CALS alumni events
- Inform alumni of CALS programs and initiatives
- Generate multilayered engagement between college, alumni, and current and prospective students
- Provide networking opportunities for alumni to engage and connect with each other
- Get connected. Follow the college on Twitter and Instagram, like on Facebook.
- Get informed. Review the Curtiss League Handbook for important talking points about CALS and where to go to get more information to share about CALS
- Get organized. Check the Curtiss League Calendar for opportunities to represent, advocate, and recruit.
- Get busy. Go forth and be awesome. Represent. Advocate. Recruit. Repeat. (Read the handbook!)
- Report back to Curtiss League Central sharing your efforts
Initial Opportunities to be Awesome:
- Post “Proud new member of the #CurtissLeague” on Facebook
- Tweet “Proud new member of the #CurtissLeague”
- Proudly display awesomeness at the office and share photos with the college
- Identify potential CALS students for recruitment
- Provide new ideas to Curtiss League Central to help spread the word on CALS awesomeness